Ministry of Labor and Social Development
Search here by typing key words
Regulations and procedures for the establishment of associations and non-governmental organization
First: Regulations for the establishment of non-governmental organization.
First: Regulations for the establishment of charitable societies (associations of righteousness):
A - Regulations related to the associations to be approved for establishment in cities and governorates (associations of righteousness):
The presence of the Emirate Center in the area where the establishment of a charitable association is needed.
The population of that area should not be less than (1500) people, according to the statistics of the General Department of Statistics.
The distance from the nearest charity association should not be less than 30 km.
The headquarters of the Association shall be located at the headquarters of the Emirate Center.
The list of founders shall include all the centers, villages and estates related to the service area of the association to be established.
The number of applicants for establishment should not be less than (10) persons, preferably adding five persons to the list of founders in anticipation of any apology by some applicants for establishment.
Attaching a plan for the development of the financial resources of the association to be established within one year of the date of establishment, in accordance with what is being prepared of evaluation study by the Ministry. The Ministry may revoke the license if the association does not perform its activities within one year from the date of its licensing.
B- regulations concerning the founding member of the Association: -
If the applicant for membership is a natural person, the following conditions are required:
He must be a Saudi national.
His age must not be less than eighteen years old.
He must have good conduct and attitude.
He has not been sentenced to a final conviction for an offense against honor or trust, and has not been considered.
The obligation to pay membership dues.
To submit an application of joining, includes his name according to his national identity card, surname, age, nationality, number of national identity, place of residence, occupation, and contact information including e-mail and number of "mobile" phone. He must attach a photocopy of his national identity with his application.
If the applicant for the membership is a person of legal status from the private or non-governmental entities, the following conditions are required:
To submit an application of joining, includes his name according to the formal document, nationality, registration or licensing number, his national address, and contact information including e-mail and number of phone. He must attach a photocopy of the commercial register, license or waqf deed, or a proof of his legal status in accordance with the ruling system, and shall be in force.
He must appoint a representative of a natural character, and he must meet the conditions that required to the membership of the person with the natural character.
C- As for those who wish to run for membership of the Board of Directors, it requires the following: -
He must have the full capacity.
He must be an active member of the General Assembly for a period not less than six months.
His age must not be less than (21) years old.
He must not be a member of the competent department to supervise the association in the ministry or supervisory body, unless by an approval from the ministry.
He must has fulfilled all financial obligations to the Association.
He shall not be sentenced to a final sentence of conviction for an offense against honor and honesty unless he has been rehabilitated.
He should not be a member of the Board of Directors for more than two previous sessions, respectively.
The ministry has no objection to nominate him for the council.
Second: Regulations for the establishment of specialized associations:
A – A specialized associations affiliated to this ministry, such as "Family Development Association, Orphans Association, Disabled, Save the Grace, etc."
It is stipulated that at least 30% of the applicants for the establishment are specialists in the field of the Association, as well as that the objectives and the name of the Association shall be in the same field for which the Association was established.
B- Specialized associations affiliated to supervising bodies (the other governmental bodies). These associations shall be required to have at least 30% of the applicants for the establishment specialized in the field of the association and also to include the objectives and the name of the association in the same field for which the association was established. Taking into account that the views of the supervising entity will be considered for the approval of the establishment of the association.
C. Note that the provisions of paragraphs (b) and (c) in the regulations of associations of righteousness above are also applied for the specialized associations.
Third: Regulations for the establishment of non-governmental organizations:
1. Providing a list of the properties to be registered with the assets of the association after the establishment as fixed assets or endowments of the organization.
2. A written commitment by (the applicant, applicants) of the establishment to deposit a sum of 5 million Saudi Riyals with the bank where the account of the organization will be opened immediately after the issuance of the registration decision within a period not exceeding three months from the issuance of the establishment decision and registering assets for its favor and its annual revenues about five hundred thousand riyals.
3. A written commitment by the applicant of establishment to register the fixed assets and endowments mentioned within the properties of the organization at the competent authorities immediately after the issuance of the registration decision within a period not exceeding three months from the issuance of the establishment decision.
4. The commitment of the organization to the objectives specified in its Articles of Association and not to depart from them.
5. Attaching a copy of the Articles of Association of the Organization with the application for approval of establishment.
6. Attaching a copy of the national identity card (for the applicant, applicants) of the establishment.
7. Attaching the curriculum vitae (for applicant, applicants) of the establishment.
8. Provide a written declaration not to employ expatriates who are not sponsored by the organization or cooperate with them or use their expertise only after the approval of this ministry, and in accordance with the formal procedures in force by the relevant authorities.
9. Submitting to the Ministry the names of the members of (the Board of Trustees) of the organization by the Founder, as well as the Executive Director of the organization (with a copy of his national identity card) within a period not exceeding three months from the issuance of the establishment decision to obtain the approval of the Ministry.
10 Submitting to that ministry the names of members of (the board of trustees) of the organization at the end of the period of the Board or an apology of a former member or add a new member of the board, as well as when an apology or appointment of the Executive Director of the organization (attach a copy of his national identity card).
Fourth: eneral Provisions:
1. Opening a unified account for the association or the organization at a local bank according to the banking system in the Kingdom and determining the authorized persons to withdraw from that account within a period not exceeding three months from the issuance of the establishment decision.
2. The commitment of the association or the organization to cooperate with the office of the legal accountant approved by the ministry, and enable him to perform his work. It also has the right to use the office of a licensed legal accountant
3. Issuing a computer number for the association or organization at the Labor Office, within a period not exceeding three months from the date of the incorporation decision.
4. Advertising job vacancies available within the charitable associations and organizations, are put forward with transparency and fairness.
5. Place a main signboard on the headquarters of the association or organization, indicating (its name, its registration number) and that it is subjected to the supervision of the ministry.
6. The commitment of the association or the organization by the circulars and instructions delivered to it by the ministry and its branches, especially in relation to the reporting of money laundering or terrorism candid and suspected financing, and the cooperation with the ministry and the relevant security authorities at the addresses and numbers allocated for this purpose, as follows:
A- The report shall be delivered manually to the headquarters of the Financial Investigation Unit at the following address:
Riyadh - King Fahd Road - South of Ministry of Interior building
B- Sending the report by fax to the following numbers: (4127615-011 - 4127616-011)
C- Report by call on the toll-free number (8001222224) 24 hours a day and for inquiries by telephone (4128100-011)
7. Giving the specialized associations the priority in the establishment due to the urgent need of the community.
8. The Minister may exclude some of these controls when providing convincing reasons.
9. These controls shall be evaluated after one year after their application. In case of need for amendment, this shall be done with the approval of the Minister.
This site is best viewed properly through the screen 768. It also supports Internet Explorer 9.0+, Firefox , Safari , Opera , Chrome as well as all smart devices.
2019 © All rights reserved to Ministry of Labor and Social Development
This new feature enables you to route voice commands to the gateway and the gateway will interact with you according to the voice command you have directed.